TridiaVNC Pro and GPL: Re: Tridia VNC

Michael Ossmann michael.ossmann "at" alttech.com
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 19:26:12 +0000

On Fri, Mar 08, 2002 at 11:37:28AM -0700, Michael Ossmann wrote:

> I've also noticed something else that concerns me with TridiaVNC (not
> TVP).  It doesn't contain the copyright notices of the various
> authors, notably AT&T, Widget Workshop, Inc., and Jef Poskanzer, in
> the binary distribution (I haven't looked at the source distribution).
> I suspect that some additional credits (Constantin Kaplinsky, Tim
> Waugh, etc.) would also be appropriate.

It looks like the "about box" copyright notice includes some of these,
but IIRC the copyright notices in both the installation program and the
readme file are deficient.

Alternative Technology, Inc.  http://www.alttech.com/