[VCN] ivisit

MichaelLashinsky@drugplastics.com MichaelLashinsky "at" drugplastics.com
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 17:19:36 +0000

David,

      While I am not qualified to answer your question directly, I believe
that you are asking to much of VNC.  I know how much the desktop wallpaper
slows down the connection and other screen changes take a few seconds to
refresh.  Your application is probably too demanding for this software.  My
advice is to use some kind of videoconfrencing software that was designed
with this in mind.
      This is just my opinion and I might be vetoed by more qualified users
out there.  Good luck.

Have a Good Day,

Michael L.

                      David Murdoch
                      <djm "at" hfx.eastlink.ca>          To:       <vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com>
                      Sent by:                       cc:
                      owner-vnc-list "at" uk.resea        Subject:  Re: [VCN] ivisit
                      rch.att.com

                      03/18/2002 12:03 PM
                      Please respond to
                      vnc-list

On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, David Murdoch wrote:

> Used with a webcam and a microphone ivisit [.com] (available free)
> connects individuals for videoconferencing.
>
> When I employ vnc-3.3.3r2 to connect from a client Linux box to
> vnc-3.3.3r9 on a Windows 98 laptop with a USB webcam attached and
> ivisit running, the ivisit webcam images on the client window do not
> refresh unless one of the mouse buttons on the client are pushed.
>
> Is there a solution to this?

There were no responses to my question.

So, I'm not sure if the answer is trivial and I'd missed it somewhere
in the documentation, or nobody else has had the same experience and
there is no solution.

--
David Murdoch
   Halifax Regional CAP Association Coordinator