Locale - Solaris 2.7 and VNC

Steve Palocz spalocz "at" tgtsolutions.com
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 08:02:59 +0000

-fp tcp/localhost:7100
Is what I use.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com]On Behalf Of Sharma, Shashi
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2002 12:22 PM
To: 'vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com'
Subject: RE: Locale - Solaris 2.7 and VNC

Try the following; it works in my machine
Add
-fp
"/usr/openwin/lib/X11/fonts/F3bitmaps/,/usr/openwin/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/,/us
r/openwin/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo/,/usr/openwin/lib/X11/fonts/misc/,/usr/openwi
n/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/,/usr/openwin/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/"

to your Xvnc command line.
In the fontpath the directory should enter with forward slash. Also,
TrueType font cannot be loaded by Xvnc(someone correct me if i am wrong).
They are loaded through xfstt (true type font server).
-shashi