Problems with WinXP and Terminal Services

Scott "The Axe" O'Bryan axeman "at" dwarf.org
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 01:31:23 +0000

That only works if you boost the money for citrix.  Windows 2000 server
added a Terminal Server lite (which they bought from citrix) and dumbed
it up even more for XP.  It doesn't support ANY of the Unix stuff, but
it *IS* one of the best clients for Windows.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com] On Behalf Of Beerse, Corni
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2002 4:07 AM
To: 'vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com'
Subject: RE: Problems with WinXP and Terminal Services

I don't have access to a Terminated Service right now so I cannot confim
it.
As I've used both CItrix Metaframe with NT3.51 and M$W Terminal service,
might mix things a little. There are multiple solutions:

- Ica-client is available for several unix flavours. If the server is
full
equipped, you can open a share on the server machine which contains the
ica
clients.

- rsh or rlogin from unix to the terminal server with your terminal
server
account. There at the prompt you can type a command like `x11 -display
<disp>` or `X11 -display <>` or was it an other command with x11 or X11
as
an option? I'm sure the command had a -help or --help option which gave
all
options.

BTW: X11 needs more bandwith than Ica. I don't know how they compare to
vnc.

Success
CBee