vnc performance

Morrison Davis Morry.Davis "at" Sun.COM
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 15:31:00 +0000

Hi All,

  First time on this alias so excuse any redundant questions.

  We are investigating using vnc to enable our new work from home
  model. Our department's main use is some CAD software that is fairly
  graphic intense and we would be using through VPN. What I'm looking for
  is tuning information and what things are the biggest factors in graphics
  refresh. How much does the server speed affect the performance vs. the client
  speed. How does the clients graphic card play in the equation. And I assume
  the biggest hitter is your Internet connection speed. Any advice or statistics
  along these lines would be much appreciated.

  Thanks Morry