vnc over a network

Alex K. Angelopoulos alex "at" bittnet.com
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 13:25:35 +0000

Are you trying to put the VNC server on the system which has the cable modem
connected? If so, that should work.  Using any other system requires that
your system with the modem route incoming traffic to the system running the
VNC server.

If the system you want to put the VNC server on is not the one with the
cable modem, could you mention some details on what you are using for
Internet connection sharing - Win98SE or Win2K ICS? Or something else?

----- Original Message -----
From: "xBANEx" <XBANEX "at" equalvision.net>
To: <vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com>
Sent: Friday, 2002-03-15 08:03
Subject: vnc over a network

: is there any way for me to get vnc running over my small netowork, i am
running 2 network cards on my downstairs computer that is hooked to the
cable modem and one network carde here that is hooked up by a crossover
cable. everything works fine  but when i try to use vnc it only works in the
house and no where else, also, i am not allowed to put vnc on the other
computer that is the server, i only want it on this one becuase it is my
computer.  it just keeps giving me a number like 192.168.0.2  can anyone
please help, i am new to this stuff but that isnt stopping me from learning
:)
:
: _____________________________________________________________
: **NOTE**
: this is a free web-based email service provided by Equal Vision Records.
this email address does not belong to an employee of Equal Vision Records,
nor are they associated with us in any way.
: **NOTE**
: Sign up for FREE email from Equal Vision Records at
http://www.equalvision.com
:
: Run a small business? Then you need professional email like
you "at" yourbiz.com from Everyone.net  http://www.everyone.net?tag