VNC zlib Advisory draft 1

Alex K. Angelopoulos alex "at"
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 12:35:40 +0000

I thought it better to ask this question and appear stupid than to not ask
it and actually *remain* stupid.

Is there a way I can tell externally whether a VNC implementation allows
ZLib compression?

the reason I ask is the VNC ActiveX tool I use does not indicate what
compression method it uses, nor does the author have the source code for it
available on his web site.

 He *did* do some things with adding ZLib compression to the DLL used, but
it appears from the changelogs that it was a separate DLL with a separate
history to it.
See also: