Problems with WinXP and Terminal Services

"Beerse, Corné" cbeerse "at" hiscom.nl
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 11:10:51 +0000

I don't have access to a Terminated Service right now so I cannot confim it.
As I've used both CItrix Metaframe with NT3.51 and M$W Terminal service, I
might mix things a little. There are multiple solutions:

- Ica-client is available for several unix flavours. If the server is full
equipped, you can open a share on the server machine which contains the ica
clients.

- rsh or rlogin from unix to the terminal server with your terminal server
account. There at the prompt you can type a command like `x11 -display
<disp>` or `X11 -display <>` or was it an other command with x11 or X11 as
an option? I'm sure the command had a -help or --help option which gave all
options.

BTW: X11 needs more bandwith than Ica. I don't know how they compare to vnc.

Success
CBee