VNC zlib Advisory draft 1

Jonathan Morton chromi "at" cyberspace.org
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 09:31:19 +0000

>Apple does not seem to have made any comment about Classic Mac OS.
>(Do apps have to include their own zlib if used in Classic, just as
>VNCThing has?)

As far as I can tell, all Classic applications that use Zlib are
statically linked with it, except for a few which include a dynamic
library with the application itself.  MacOS Classic does not include
Zlib by itself, except as part of the Java VM, in which it is not
accessible except to Java applications.