Automatic Install

Richard Harris richard.harris "at" nottscc.gov.uk
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 09:20:34 +0000

Michael,

> Do any of you have a suggestion
> how to do that?  Ideally it would be 100% silent and be done before
> the user's can poke buttons and fudge it up.

Another way to do it is to write a setup.exe file using InnoSetup. That's 99.99%
silent - the only option the user has to say yes to is when the service is
installed.... and there's only one choice at that. :-)

You can read about that here:

http://www.darkage.co.uk/vnc/legacy/9xdistro.htm

I *think* it would be possible to find out what keys the service creates under
Win9x and replace the need any user intervention.

Later,
Richard