Problems with WinXP and Terminal Services

Scott "The Axe" O'Bryan axeman "at" dwarf.org
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 19:34:42 +0000

Understand also that every XP has a Terminal Services configuration.  It
can be turned off (and normally I would) but it has so many features
(like automatic local printer and drive mapping) that just save me a lot
of time.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com] On Behalf Of Beerse, Corni
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2002 2:07 AM
To: 'vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com'
Subject: RE: Problems with WinXP and Terminal Services

What's the use of using vnc in a terminal server configuration? As far
as I
know it's just using an other protocol to get the windows on the
desktop.

If it's for displaying on unix, the terminalserver has an X11 option to
get
a X11 display.
If it's for takeover, put the vncserver in userspace and off you go.
If it's for security, What security?
If it's for something else, explain your usage.

CBee