Remote Desktop Reviews

Gabor D. Kiss gkiss "at" telcordia.com
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 15:27:16 +0000

Thanks for this posting. However the article misses the #1 pro for vnc in
my mind, that it is asymmetrical. The remote machine doesn't need any
particular software, just a web browser. Only the controlled machine needs
to run vnc. Can any of the commercial packages do that? (Maybe they can and
the article missed that too?)

Gabor

                    Roger Pray
                    <roger.pray "at" ba        To:     vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
                    ssett.org>            cc:     (bcc: Gabor D. Kiss/Telcordia)
                                          Subject:     Remote Desktop Reviews
                    03/13/2002
                    09:45 AM
                    Please respond
                    to vnc-list

I haven't seen this anywhere in the emails, but a friend of mine
forwarded me this link regarding remote dekstop software.

I do like the description of "WinVNC is strictly for techies with a
masochistic bent" - fairly accurate in my mind.  But I do love WinVNC.

Enjoy the read.

http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/article/0,aid,85863,tk,prx,00.asp