Problems with the temp files.

Alex K. Angelopoulos alex "at" bittnet.com
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 17:41:10 +0000

That's the preferred cheat used by pcAnywhere, ICA, and Windows Terminal
Services.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Ossmann" <michael.ossmann "at" alttech.com>
To: <vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com>
Sent: Tuesday, 2002-03-12 12:25
Subject: Re: Problems with the temp files.

: On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 12:15:49PM -0500, Alex K. Angelopoulos wrote:
: > Brings up another question in my mind.  When a VNC session is running
: > on a Windows client or server, are the tiles actually cached to a file
: > anywhere at some point?
:
: I don't think so.  At least I'm pretty certain that Xvnc and vncviewer
: don't do that.  Adding a small persistent cache to the client side could
: help performance, though.
:
: --
: Mike Ossmann, Tarantella/UNIX Engineer/Instructor
: Alternative Technology, Inc.  http://www.alttech.com/