Problems with the temp files.

Alex K. Angelopoulos alex "at" bittnet.com
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 17:17:09 +0000

Brings up another question in my mind.  When a VNC session is running on a
Windows client or server, are the tiles actually cached to a file anywhere at
some point?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Ossmann" <michael.ossmann "at" alttech.com>
To: <vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com>
Sent: Tuesday, 2002-03-12 11:50
Subject: Re: Problems with the temp files.

: On Sun, Mar 10, 2002 at 10:55:41AM -0500, Andrew Lucas wrote:
: >
: > Warning: server.ip.myvnc.com:1 is taken because of /tmp/.X11-unix/X1
: > Remove this file if there is no X server server.ip.myvnc.com:1
: >
: > Is there a way I can delete it before it shuts down?
:
: This is probably happening because Xvnc processes are getting killed
: hard during the shutdown process rather than being shut down normally.
: The "right" way to kill it is to use "vncserver -kill :1", but you can
: also kill the processes and remove the files manually (or from a
: shutdown script).
:
: --
: Mike Ossmann, Tarantella/UNIX Engineer/Instructor
: Alternative Technology, Inc.  http://www.alttech.com/