Problems with the temp files.

Michael Ossmann michael.ossmann "at"
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 17:04:06 +0000

On Sun, Mar 10, 2002 at 10:55:41AM -0500, Andrew Lucas wrote:
> Warning: is taken because of /tmp/.X11-unix/X1
> Remove this file if there is no X server
> Is there a way I can delete it before it shuts down?

This is probably happening because Xvnc processes are getting killed
hard during the shutdown process rather than being shut down normally.
The "right" way to kill it is to use "vncserver -kill :1", but you can
also kill the processes and remove the files manually (or from a
shutdown script).

Alternative Technology, Inc.
See also: