Dual IP addresses causes failure in DIBENG.DLL

Andrew Osborne andrew_j_osborne "at" yahoo.com
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 11:26:17 +0000

I have been using VNC for a few months now without incident to administer my home LAN which has a few client machines.  I recently added an additional computer to act as gateway for internet and to perform other administrative tasks.

When I use VNC to access the gateway machine while not connected to the internet all is fine.  When I access the gateway and it is connected to the internet I get a protection exception in DIBENG.DLL.  The only difference that I can see when I am connected to the internet my gateway PC has two internet addresses.

Can anyone throw light on this and how I might overcome this problem?

Regards,
Andrew