No subject

Thomas Musholt Musholt.thomas "at" mh-hannover.de
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 14:11:49 +0000

I repeatedly searched the mailing lists concerning a connection problem with
VNC that I encountered, but I was not able to find a solution. I hope
someone is able to give me some answers.

I'm using VNC on different desktops (Win2K) in a network. VNC is installed
as a service on two desktops. I have no problem to connect to one desktop if
someone is already logged in. A second desktop works fine if it boots and
nobody logged in. As soon as someone logged in to that computer the
vncviewer doesn't prompt for a password anymore. I'm still able to ping the
desktop and to connect to it through windows. I already checked the registry
settings but I was not able to find a difference to the desktop that works
fine. Do you have any hints?

Thank you