monitor several remote systems at the same time

"Beerse, Corné" cbeerse "at" hiscom.nl
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 11:37:07 +0000

> It's simple in my head (but I'm French) so not so simple to explain.
> I have a network of about 100 W2K systems all over the country, I need
> to find out visually what going on each one of them (are they still up
> and running), If I could have a WEB page with all of them display at
> 80x60 pixels and arrange in 10x10 this would be great, is
> that possible?

Do you think about a vncview in an icon and with a click on the icon open
the session? I would not recomend using vnc for an icon image: vnc sends the
entire picture to the client, it's the client that can resize the picture.
>From 100 machines, that generates a lot of trafic.

I think it is possible but I would not recommend that......

Better use any other monitoring tool to generate an changing icon and hook
vncviewer to a (default) action towards the machine.

Then why does micro$oft create it's own variants of the standards?