Setting up a Netgear NP114 Router

Tony Wright tony "at" linkplastics.co.uk
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 09:04:33 +0000

Thanks, but I have been having a look at the pack filtering on the router
and would rather get that working as my computer is completely "Stealthed"
and I would rather keep it that way. I finaly found an example of setting
the packet filtering on their website.

Tony

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott C. Best [mailto:sbest "at" best.com]
Sent: 08 March 2002 22:22
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Cc: tony "at" linkplastics.co.uk
Subject: Re: Setting up a Netgear NP114 Router

Tony:
	Heya. The easiest thing to do is to setup the Netgear
box to do the port-mapping, and then put the IP address that
you want to allow to connect in the AuthHosts registry setting
for your VNC server. For some exact examples see the AuthHost
section of:

http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/winvnc.html

	It's not as secure as blocking the packets at the
firewall, but it should serve your needs.

cheers,
Scott