TCP Port 5800 & 5900

Peter Carr Peter_Carr "at" Manifest-Electronics.com
Fri, 08 Mar 2002 17:03:35 +0000

Does anyone know if there is a version of VNC that uses port 5800 & 5900 in
both directions, i.e. originating and replying.

All the versions I've used open up an arbitary TCP port when replying.  I
have a packet filtering firewall and I don't want to have to open up to
arbitary ports just to access VNC from the Internet.

Peter Carr

mailto:peter_carr "at" manifest-electronics.com
www.manifest-electronics.com