Complete NT4-level WinVNC policy template now available

Alex Angelopoulos alex "at" bittnet.com
Fri, 08 Mar 2002 10:50:06 +0000

Almost 600 lines that covers everything in the registry on a VNC system.

It just so happens that Daniel Quinlan rolled through everything configurable
and had it up by the end of December.

Let me warn people who don't know, you should NOT want to use these on Win2K
unless you are familiar with the repercussions of "tattooing" the registry.
You can't "undo" policy changes done via NT4-level ADM files per se.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alex Angelopoulos" <alex "at" bittnet.com>
To: <vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com>
Sent: Friday/2002 March 08 04.11
Subject: WinVNC ADM Templates (was:RFC) - anything else about the Reg Keys?

: I have an ADM from Andrew and I've pulled Daniel Quinlan's ADM file from
the
: Internet and have started messing with those to see what pieces may need to
be
: added to cover everything that is in the documentation.
:
: Is there anything anyone would like to point out that I should be aware (or
: beware) of with this?
:
: My immediate objective is just to make certain that every PolEdit accesible
: setting is listed inso far as possible - this is for the classic NT4ish
Policy
: Editing.