RFC - Windows VNC server configuration issues

Alex Angelopoulos alex "at" bittnet.com
Thu, 07 Mar 2002 09:51:53 +0000

Ah - you're just thinking about VNC COMability...

Thong's implementation is a really good starting point, I think.  He exposed
darned near every element of VNC to automation; not just the connection
process, but screen positioning, etcetera.  I'm including the
methods/properties/events list at the end of this, just for interest.

It's a slight sidetrack from the administration issues, but someone who wanted
to get creative with event-driven scripting could make this thing dance.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew van der Stock" <ajv "at" greebo.net>
To: <vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com>
Sent: Thursday/2002 March 07 04.27
Subject: RE: RFC - Windows VNC server configuration issues

: I wasn't really aiming at making a .NET framework conversion - the
: WinVNC source is not written in MFC, so there's only a minor amount of
: benefit to adding in .NET at this stage.
:
: Also, going to .NET would probably mean ditching Win9X. I personally
: don't care - it's a dead end, but many on here would.
:
: Andrew
:

AboutBox