RFC - Windows VNC server configuration issues

Andrew van der Stock ajv "at" greebo.net
Thu, 07 Mar 2002 09:30:58 +0000

I wasn't really aiming at making a .NET framework conversion - the
WinVNC source is not written in MFC, so there's only a minor amount of
benefit to adding in .NET at this stage.

Also, going to .NET would probably mean ditching Win9X. I personally
don't care - it's a dead end, but many on here would.

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com] On Behalf Of Alex
Angelopoulos
Sent: Thursday, 7 March 2002 7:33 PM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: Re: RFC - Windows VNC server configuration issues

I'm dabbling in .NET, but I have a long way to go.  My programming
background in university was intensive but...aerospace engineering
oriented. So I know FORTRAN 77 and vi...:(

I _am_ in the middle of intense re-education in scripting and .NET
stuff,
though, and have had to start rolling a few of my own tools, so we'll
see.
There is only one COM-ish VNC project I know of at this point, Thong
Nguyen's VNC-X which is at this point pure ActiveX - I used it in the
remote control console tool I put together a couple of months back.