RFC - Windows VNC server configuration issues

Andrew van der Stock ajv "at" greebo.net
Thu, 07 Mar 2002 02:14:56 +0000

Alex,

Group policy and make the product deployable using assigned software
policies.

This is how you can truly reduce the amount of time and angst of dealing
with VNC in a domain environment. I cannot stress this enough. By using
Group Policy, you can eliminate about 99% of the work of deploying and
securing all VNC servers in a network.

The best thing is that Group Policy can be an afterthought - I've
included an ADM file that shows the basic idea. It doesn't work just yet
(I need to figure out why), but you should get the idea.

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com] On Behalf Of Alex
Angelopoulos
Sent: Thursday, 7 March 2002 11:44 AM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: RFC - Windows VNC server configuration issues

I'm not using RFC in the colloquial sense, here.  I just want to get a
concept
about the issues that others see with configuring Windows VNC servers -
deployment, securing, and maintaining.

What I would like to do is develop a simple scripted front-end method of
easing VNC tasks for Windows admins.  Although some things cannot be
addressed
easily via scripted solutions, I do want to hear about the various
issues
people see.

One thing I see as a starting point is rapid assessment of the net
effect of
the current configuration settings.  Any comments?