VNC Security (yes... again)

Franck Chevalier franck.chevalier "at" addeo.com
Tue, 05 Mar 2002 09:50:25 +0000

Well...

Me again for another question (am I dumb ?)
I tried to grant the VNC access to only 1 IP (mine).
Then I created the /HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/ORL/WINVNC/AuthHosts   key
registry with the following value : +999.999.999.999 (where 999.999.999.999
is my IP) and I kept the
/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/ORL/WINVNC/DEFAULT/QuerrySetting value setted
to 2
I tried to connect from another computer and it was accepted... Anyone to
help me please ?
Another question; how to do if i want to authorize 2 IPs to access ?

Thanx