ZNC based on TightVNC

Constantin Kaplinsky const "at" ce.cctpu.edu.ru
Tue, 05 Mar 2002 06:47:06 +0000

Hello,

>> I don't suppose you might consider using TightVNC instead of WinVNC
>> as your base code, would you? TightVNC is actively being developed,
>> has many more features, less bugs and is more stable than WinVNC.

DD> I have made the "please incorporate this technology" overture to
DD> both VNC and TightVNC, but there has been no response. Lobby them.

I don't mind to include encryption into TightVNC, and I think this is
a very important task, but I'll have to decide what technologies /
standards / libraries to use, and how to preserve compatibility
between any combination of server and viewer versions. Unfortunately,
this work would take some time, so I cannot promise that I'm about to
incorporate ZVNC changes right now.

--
With Best Wishes,
Constantin