WinVNC & -nevershared

Alex Angelopoulos alex "at" bittnet.com
Tue, 05 Mar 2002 05:21:33 +0000

Rob,
could you double-check the setting in your registry again?

The reason I ask is that I *have* seen cases where some registry settings are
not correctly preserved (and theoretically I suppose there might even be cases
where VNC might not have permission to read it).

In any case, if it isn't working after a reboot, then this is unusual.  I had
a similar problem a few weeks ago, but mine was a brain freeze: I was trying
to set the key under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORL\WinVNC3\Default
instead of
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORL\WinVNC3

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rob Kenyon" <robdkenyon "at" attbi.com>
To: <vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com>
Sent: Monday/2002 March 04 20.59
Subject: RE: WinVNC & -nevershared

: As my message stated, ConnectPriorty works fine, but it doesn't prevent
: a second user from requesting a shared session, connecting and seeing
: the first user's screen.  Xvnc appears to have an option "-nevershared"
: that prevents shared connections to the server.  This is what I'm
: looking for - of course as time goes on I start thinking that I might as
: well just fix it.  Making software NOT do something is much easier than
: getting it TO do something.
:
: Rob
: robdkenyon "at" attbi.com