vnc from outside of a lan network

Richard Clegg RichardC "at" pcgsystems.co.uk
Mon, 04 Mar 2002 13:01:47 +0000

Yes you can.  What you need is to know your internet IP address, and connect
to that.  The way I do it is to use DNS2Go from Deerfield Software.  It's a
little app that sits on your machine, and sends out a 'heartbeat' whenever
you're connected to the internet, and keeps a domain pointing to that IP
address.

To explain further, you download the software and register, and you have to
choose a domain name.  When the software is running, that domain then points
to your internet IP address.  So, from any internet connected PC, you can
use VNC Viewer to connect to that domain, which will automatically be
directed to the PC with the DNS2Go software on.

Any problems or questions, let me know.

Rich

-----Original Message-----
From: Jose Manuel Murillo [mailto:josemanuel.murillo "at" hispavista.com]
Sent: 04 March 2002 10:38
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: vnc from outside of a lan network

I am new to VNC and i have a question.
I have two computers on a lan network. I use a shared internet connection,
via DSL with a usb DSL modem.
I use windows os.
I have install vnc server on the two computers.
Can i access to any of the computers with vnc via internet?I would like to
access to any of the computers in my lan network from outside of the lan.