winvncdrv new version available

De Vos Rudi rudi.de.vos "at" skynet.be
Sat, 02 Mar 2002 14:08:23 +0000

>Does this version only for Windows 2000 ?
It is only tested on 2000, but video mirroring is supported on XP,2000 and
nt4
SP6
>And have you a version for Windows XP or is it the same ?
source code is the same, perhaps the driver need to be recompiled for xp
>Does this version of vncviewer compatible with 3.3.3R9 from AT&T server ?
Yes, but jpeg encoding can't be used
>Does this version of vncviewer is compatible with Win95/98 or only for
vncviewer from windows 2000 ?
The viewer is the same for all win32 platforms.

In the AT&T version, the hookdll informs the server about new changes.  This
works very well, but sometimes you need full screen polling.
With the driver, the mirror video driver informs the server. All screen
changes
are detected and no polling is needed.

Je comprend ton mail, mais ecrire c'est dure.

> Bonjour,
>
> J'essaie de comprendre la suite logique de WinVNC, sans doute pouvez-vous
> m'aider ?
> WinVNC au dipart c'itait AT&T mais aucune mise ` jour n'est sortie de chez
> AT&T depuis dibut 2001
> Ensuite on me dit que la suite de WinVNC c'est TightVNC car AT&T a stoppi
> tout diveloppement, ok ?
> Et maintenant je dicouvres que vous diveloppez vous mjmes des mises ` jour
> pour WinVNC d'AT&T alors l` je suis un peu perdu.

My point of view.
All versions have the same server and viewer core and they only differ for
the
encodings.
If server and viewer are able to load the encoders and decoders as plugins,
and
some new en/decoder exchange mechanism get buildin, we have a suitable core
for
all versions.
I was able to make plugins for the standard at&t encoders, but failed doing
it
for tight.

> Quelle est la version Officielle et supportie de WinVNC aujourd'hui ?
> Qui en assure le support et la maintenance ?
> Est-ce vous pour vous mjme ou pour AT&T ?
> Ou est-ce une autre sociiti que AT&T ?
> Est-ce Constantin avec TightVNC ?
> Quel est le produit qui continuera a jtre maintenu ` l'avenir ?
> Est-ce que votre WinVNC est concurrent de TightVNC ?
> Est-ce que votre version de WinVNC intigre des mises ` jour pour Windows
> 2000/XP et Windwos 95/98 ?

Depends the need you have for using vnc.
    +Cross platform.
    +bandwidth
    +full time working on it or just for maintenance

> Excusez-moi pour toutes ces questions mais avant de choisir tel ou tel
> produit il nous faut iclaircir la chose car ` ce jour nous utilisions
WInVNC