VNC question

Braun Brelin bbrelin "at"
Sat, 02 Mar 2002 13:25:00 +0000

I'm trying to run VNC between two Linux (RedHat 7.1)
machines.  I set up the vncserver on box A and ran
vncviewer on box B.  While it connects correctly, I
only get a twm root window and an xterm instead of the
Box A desktop.

I changed the xstartup file in the .vnc directory to
start sawfish  rather than twm (We're using the Gnome
window manager) but vncviewer still only runs the twm
manager and root window.

So, my question(s) is (are) what file exactly do I
need to change in order to have the vncviewer reflect
the desktop existing on Box A?  I checked the FAQ but
most of the diagnostics questions seem to be related
to Windows.

Any help appreciated.

Braun Brelin
bbrelin "at"