Using VNC to connect to various desktops

barnowl@uronramp.net barnowl "at" uronramp.net
Sat, 02 Mar 2002 01:22:58 +0000

Vnc is user specfic, which is the secure way tot do things. Sound like you have just been running VNC as a program and have not installit as a service. When VNC is runn as a service you should always be able to login. At least that was the case when i used it on NT servers. <rant> VNC is not spyware, This sounds like what you are looking for of hand. After all when you login in to it you take over the desktop (on Win boxes). It is an Admin tool, not to be confused with things like Back Orffice.(I know BO can be used to admin also).</rant>.

Evan