VNC & inetd on Solaris

STEVENSON, Lee Lee.STEVENSON "at" nottingham.sema.slb.com
Fri, 01 Mar 2002 13:29:10 +0000

Hi,

I'm trying to set VNC 3.3.3R2 up on a Solaris box to run from inetd, this is
tunneled through SSH.

It seems to work fine other that I cannot get rfbauth and my geometry
settings to work together.  I have a requirement to authenticate the VNC
client to the server always.

I can run from inetd, fire up the VNC client from Windows and then password
authenticate to the server but I only get a 640x480 display ..... or
I can do the same but use -geometry 1024x768 and get the right size display
but then the rfbauth does not work, the client connects with no password
authentication.

Has anyone out there got similar requirements and/or resolved this ?

Thanks,
Lee

################
vnc        stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/local/bin/Xvnc Xvnc -inetd
-rfbauth /.vnc/passwd -geometry 1024x768 -once
The order in which you pass the parameters seems to be important, I have
tried all sorts of combinations but have not been able to both -rfbauth and
-geometry working together.

SchlumbergerSema.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this
email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or
copying of this email is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email in error please notify the SchlumbergerSema Helpdesk by telephone on +44 (0) 121 627 5600.