color depth 24

Alexey Koptsevich kopts "at" astro.washington.edu
Fri, 01 Mar 2002 02:46:39 +0000

Hi,

How can I run VNC at color depth 24? I tried to set '-depth 24' for both
server and viewer but got only "Can't cope with 24 bits-per-pixel".

Both VNC server and viewer are tightvnc-1.2.2 on XFree86-4.1.0_6 on
FreeBSD 4.4.

Thanks a lot,
Alex

PS Sorry for annoying you I am sure I am not the first with this question,
   but I have not managed to find it answered neither in archives nor in
   any FAQ on VNC sites.