chaging default port 5900 to port 80
PerryD "at" parl.gc.ca
Thu Jun 27 19:25:47 2002
I've scoured several months' worth archived postings, but I can't find the
answer I need. I have found similar questions, but no valid answer....
- I have a VNC server running on my home computer (Windows)
- I am behind a firewall at work
- I do not administer the firewall
- Using IE 5.5 to connect from the office, the viewer's java applet loads,
prompting me for a password, and I get the following error message when I
try to login: "java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused"
- I can't connect to my VNC server from the office because the firewall is
blocking my connection. Outbound TCP port 80 is the only port allowed at
- Can I change the default port that the VNC server is running on? I would
like to make it run on port 80 instead of the default 5800/5900. How can
this be done?