Auto log in.

Alex Angelopoulos alex "at" bittnet.com
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 20:17:15 +0000

It could be done with the ActiveX control version, just by having it
reference a table of address/password combinations.  There's nothing out
there that I know of right now that will do it though.  Sounds like
something to look at for a future mod...

One other thing you might consider, though, is doing password
synchronization via registry updates.  The password is encrypted the
same way by Windows VNC systems at a given rev level I believe (I've
used this successfully) so you can export the 2 password keys from the
registry in encrypted form, then have every client machine automatically
import them via their logon scripts.  Could get a little messy to set
up, I know.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jae P. Lupo" <jlupo "at" ansettspares.com>
To: <vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com>
Sent: Thursday/2002 January 31 14:38
Subject: Auto log in.

: Dose anyone have a program that will keep an address book with
usernames
: and passwords stored for VNC connections.  I want to open one program
and
: click on different icons that represents the VNC computers on my
network
: and connect.  I don't want to remember IP addresses and passwords for
100
: computers.  I can do with my Citrix connections but I can't get VNC to
do
: this.  If anyone has seen this out there please let me know.  Thanks.
:
: Jae Lupo