Win 98 setup?

MichaelLashinsky@drugplastics.com MichaelLashinsky "at" drugplastics.com
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 16:27:20 +0000

Luke,

     The IP address 127.0.0.1 is a loopback address or something like that.
It is a default address for the card in your machine.  I hope this helps.

Have a Good Day,

Michael L.

                    "Luke St Clair"
                    <Lstclair "at" btinternet.com       To:     <vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com>
                    >                              cc:
                    Sent by:                       Subject:     Win 98 setup?
                    owner-vnc-list "at" uk.resear
                    ch.att.com

                    01/28/2002 07:02 PM
                    Please respond to
                    vnc-list

Dear People,

New to the list. Just subscribed a couple of mins ago!

Having a few problems that I hope you can assist me with.

I have Win VNC.

My plan is to use it to dialup computers @ work to carry out maintenance,
etc and if there was a problem, etc.

I know how to do it over the Internet.

However, seems a bit tricky when it comes to dialup. All the computers are
Windows 98 based machines. All with 56k modems.

The initial problem I have it, that I install Win VNC on a machine and the
IP address is 127.0.0.1 and I install it on another and the IP address is
the same. So how can they be the same? On two different addresses. This is
all new to me.

Has anyone produced an 'idiots' guide to setting up Win VNC on Windows 98
machines.

That includes: -

Dialup networking support - how to dial into the computers?
Win VNC - How to set this up?

Luke St Clair
Website Designer
Wagner Spraytech (UK) Ltd