Dedicated VNC server for another server

Jasmeet Singh Virdi JasmeetSV "at" niit.com
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 09:03:33 +0000

i guess something like Terminal Servers Web client !!
that should be interesting..
-js

-----Original Message-----
From: Lee Allen [mailto:lee "at" leadtec.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2002 3:00 AM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: Re: Dedicated VNC server for another server

> Does anyone know or better yet, has anyone tried off-loading the VNC
server
> process to a separate middle tier server?
>
> I'd like to know if this is possible:
>
> Client(runs VNCviewer) -----> Middle Tier Server(runs VNCserver for Main
> Server) -----> Main Server(actual server that Client wants to access)
>
> How can this be accomplished?

Hmmm... I think if the two servers were Unix boxes, this would work.  The
result: VNC server, which is also an X Server, would be running on the
'middle tier server', and the actual application (an X client) would be
running on the 'main server'.  This may actually offload some significant
processing from the 'application server'.

Lee Allen

NIIT Software Solutions bags "Outsourcing Contract of the Year" award from
the Financial Times publication, The Banker. For details visit our website
http://www.niit.com
This electronic mail transmission contains confidential information intended
only for the person(s) named.  Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure
by any other person is strictly prohibited. If you received this
transmission in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and then
destroy the message.  Opinions, conclusions, and other information in this
message that do not relate to the official business of NIIT shall be
understood to be neither given nor endorsed by NIIT When addressed to NIIT
clients, any information contained in this e-mail is subject to the terms
and conditions in the governing client contract.