VNC with another port than 5900

Shola.Ogunlokun@AllenOvery.com Shola.Ogunlokun "at" AllenOvery.com
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 09:35:06 +0000

You can not enter negative numbers in the field, the trick is open notepad,
type in the required negetive and copy and paste into the display field.

Next time you open the properties field you will see a very large number you
didn't enter just leave it.  I have tried it and it works.

Thanks

Shola Ogunlokun

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Milette [mailto:tng "at" cyberus.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2002 1:31 AM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: Re: VNC with another port than 5900

You know Mike, I was under that impression too. I was sure I had seen
others recommend taking that path in the past. I was so sure that I had
even written up a response to that effect.

However just before hitting the "Send" button, I decided to try to enter a
negative number. At least on the server side, it just beeped at me when I
tried to enter the minus sign in the Display Number field. I tried it both
with the most recent versions of WinVNC and TightVNC.

Maybe it works on other platforms but from what I can tell, negative
numbers using a minus sign isn't a feasible solution on Windows.

                                 Michael Milette
                                 TNG Consulting Inc.

This email is confidential and may also be privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient please notify us immediately by telephoning +44 (20) 7330 3000 and requesting the IT Helpdesk. You should not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose its contents to any other person.

Allen & Overy
One New Change
London
EC4M 9QQ

Tel:+44 (20) 7330 3000
Fax: +44 (20) 7330 9999
General Email: Helpdesk "at" allenovery.com
www: http://www.allenovery.com

Allen & Overy is a solicitors' partnership.  A list of the names of partners and their professional qualifications is open to inspection at the above office.  The partners are either solicitors or registered foreign lawyers.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

This is a legal communication not a financial communication.  Neither this nor any other communication from this firm is intended to be, or should be construed as, an invitation or inducement (direct or indirect) to any person to engage in investment activity. The following information is provided in accordance with the Solicitors' Financial Services (Conduct of Business) Rules 2001.  The provision of our legal services may relate to investments.  We are not authorised by the Financial Services Authority, but we are regulated by the Law Society and we can undertake certain activities in relation to investments which are limited in scope and incidental to our legal services or which may reasonably be regarded as a necessary part of our legal services.  If for any reason we are unable to resolve a problem between us and a client, our client may utilise the complaints and redress scheme operated by the Law Society.