VNC with another port than 5900

Michael Milette tng "at" cyberus.ca
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 23:14:02 +0000

To calculate the port number Casper, simply use the appropriate formula below:

To select a port number higher than 5900:

         Display Number = [desired port number] - 5900

To select a port number lower than 5900:

         Display Number = [desired port number] - 5900 + 65536

So in the case where you want to use port number 3030, you will want to use
"Display number" 62666 on both the server and the client as calculated
using the second formula above:

         62666 = 3030 - 5900 + 65536.

                                 Michael