Password not set???

Drew Weaver drew.weaver "at" thenap.com
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 16:14:54 +0000

Well, actually when service mode says started that little icon isnt even
there... Its only there when I start app mode..

-Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: MichaelLashinsky "at" drugplastics.com
[mailto:MichaelLashinsky "at" drugplastics.com]
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2002 10:54 AM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: Re: Password not set???

Drew,

I believe that the app mode and the service use different registry hives.
See the service icon in the task tray?  Without starting the app mode, Right
click on it and choose properties and set the password from there. Post
weather(sp) or not that does it.  I am curious if I am correct or not.

Have a Good Day,

Michael L.

                    Drew Weaver

                    <drew.weaver "at" thenap.com>       To:
"'vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com'"
                    Sent by:
<vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com>
                    owner-vnc-list "at" uk.resear       cc:

                    ch.att.com                     Subject:     Password not
set???

                    01/28/2002 10:20 AM

                    Please respond to

                    vnc-list

           Hi, I installed vnc on windows 2000sp2 per the instructions, I
installed it as a service and I see it as 'running' in the administrative
tools/services sub control panel. I ran it in application mode to set a
password. When I connect to the server with vncviewer it tells me that there
is no password set, and that until I set one I will not be able to connect,
has anyone run into this?

-Drew Weaver