Password not set???

MichaelLashinsky@drugplastics.com MichaelLashinsky "at" drugplastics.com
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 15:58:12 +0000

Drew,

I believe that the app mode and the service use different registry hives.
See the service icon in the task tray?  Without starting the app mode,
Right click on it and choose properties and set the password from there.
Post weather(sp) or not that does it.  I am curious if I am correct or not.

Have a Good Day,

Michael L.

                    Drew Weaver
                    <drew.weaver "at" thenap.com>       To:     "'vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com'"
                    Sent by:                        <vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com>
                    owner-vnc-list "at" uk.resear       cc:
                    ch.att.com                     Subject:     Password not set???

                    01/28/2002 10:20 AM
                    Please respond to
                    vnc-list

           Hi, I installed vnc on windows 2000sp2 per the instructions, I
installed it as a service and I see it as 'running' in the administrative
tools/services sub control panel. I ran it in application mode to set a
password. When I connect to the server with vncviewer it tells me that
there
is no password set, and that until I set one I will not be able to connect,
has anyone run into this?

-Drew Weaver