Java VNC gets browser connection refused

Alex Angelopoulos alex "at" bittnet.com
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 17:25:52 +0000

Note that the Java viewer uses both the 58xx and 59xx ports - are both
accessible?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lonnie Cumberland" <lonnie "at" outstep.com>
To: <vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com>
Cc: <const "at" ce.cctpu.edu.ru>
Sent: Sunday/2002 January 27 01:49
Subject: Java VNC gets browser connection refused

: Hello,
:
: I have recently been running Java VNC on my Linux Mandrake 8.1 Apache
: web server and everyting was working just fine, but....
:
: Just today, I have set up an Eigerstein LRP firewall and have found
: that I now get an error message when I connect to my Java VNC test
: page.
:
: "java.net.ConnectionException: Connection refused"
:
: Do you have any ideas as to what is going on and how I can fix this
: problem?
:
: Best Regards,
: Lonnie
:
: --
:  Lonnie Cumberland
:  OutStep Technologies Incorporated
:  (313) 832-7366
:
:  EMAIL: Lonnie "at" OutStep.com
:       : Lonnie_Cumberland "at" yahoo.com