VNC and XP remote desktop

Alex Angelopoulos alex "at" bittnet.com
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 12:56:18 +0000

I've had VNC and XP's remote desktop working together with no problem.

As far aspcAnywhere goes - that isn't from Microsoft, it's from
Symantec.  Also, I've only seen it *warn* you that you shoudln't use VNC
with it - it offers to take it off, but you can tell it "no".

I think you are right about the general concept symantec seems to have
though - there are no issues I've seen with VNC and pcA on a system
together, so the warning may be a commercial ploy.

In any case, you should be able to reinstall if you accidentally approve
removal during the pcAnywhere installation.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Zalman Margareten" <zmargareten "at" CJH.org>
To: <vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com>
Sent: Thursday/2002 January 24 18:49
Subject: VNC and XP remote desktop

: I noticed that when running VNC and XP remote desktop on the same
machine.
: You can only get in with VNC while a user is logged in. Once the user
logs
: out VNC appears to disconnect the session. Thought when user logs back
on
: VNC continues and does not require a new session establishment.
: Any input ?