Alex Angelopoulos alex "at" bittnet.com
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 12:43:25 +0000

Do you have ports forwarded to the target machine?

If you mean you can't telnet to 5900 on the VNC server and get any
response, it means that VNC is either not running or you aren't getting
to the actual VNC server port.

----- Original Message -----
From: "ABDELMOUMENI Smaon" <saj "at" iccwbo.org>
To: <vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com>
Sent: Friday/2002 January 25 10:55

: I can't open a vnc session from the internet.
: I'm connected with a simple 56k modem and the response is always
unable to
: connect to the server.
: I'm sure about the IP adress. I can't also make a telnet connection.
: At home VNC work perfectly with a local network (win 98).
: What is the problem ?