DOS VNC

Illtud Daniel illtud.daniel "at" llgc.org.uk
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 17:12:09 +0000

> From: Daniel Tan [mailto:danieltan "at" shopnsave.com.sg]

>         is there any programs available for DOS? just curious, if have,
> think it will help in my job to control and troubleshoot POS machines
> currently still using DOS 6.22

There's (more than one, IIRC) telnetd's for DOS. Here's one:

 http://www.simtel.net/pub/pd/48905.html

But I'm not sure it'll run your app - depends on the terminal
emulation & how DOS does curses-style stuff. Assuming, of
course that your app isn't VGA or something. I wouldn't try
and use this across any unsecured network (same goes for telnet
on any platform), but you could have a VPN gateway or something
both ends... dunno - rather you than me!

(you could run the POS app in a DOSemu (http://www.dosemu.org/)
 instance under linux, and use VNC on linux.... but that's probably
 being a bit silly...)

--
Illtud Daniel                                 illtud.daniel "at" llgc.org.uk
Uwch Ddadansoddwr Systemau                       Senior Systems Analyst