Shift Key problems with VNC

Thu, 24 Jan 2002 16:49:39 +0000

Usually vncviewer will only pass local function keys (CTRL, ALT, SHIFT) to
the remote side if you hold down the SHIFT key first - try holding down your
left SHIFT key, and then press your right SHIFT key 4 times (or vice-versa).

-----Original Message-----
From: brian man [mailto:diligent_ly "at" yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2002 10:16 AM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: Shift Key problems with VNC

Hi,

I'm using a certain application which requires me to
press the right shift key four times in order to bring
up the management console.
However when I attempt to do this remotely through VNC
nothing happens. It appears as if VNC recognises the
first press down on the shift key and ignores
everything after that. Has anybody experienced
something similar ?
Even better if somebody knows of a workaround to this
it would be a lifesaver as I've been banging my head
off a wall with this one.....