AW: Make an VNC-Connection visible

Imani, Paykan paykan.imani "at" eds.com
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 11:43:49 +0000

Hi Miachel,

thanks for your answer and excuse me for my too late mail.

thanks, PI

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Michael Milette [mailto:tng "at" cyberus.ca]
Gesendet: Sa, 15. Dezember 2001 06:43
An: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Betreff: Re: Make an VNC-Connection visible

Assuming you are using Windows, the white VNC icon that appears on the task
bar will change from white to black while someone is connected.
Unfortunately I don't know of any way, without modifying the source code to
show that someone connected and then disconnected from your screen while
you were away from your PC.

The only work around might be to enable the option which pops-up a dialog
box asking the user on the host machine for permission to allow a guest to
connect to their screen. This feature is not included in the standard
WinVNC but is available if you are using TightVNC and possibly TridiaVNC.

                                 Michael