AW: many connections modifications

Claus Müller cm "at" m-b-soft.de
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 07:33:52 +0000

Hello,

the problem is, that VNC uses ports 5800 - 5899 for the java-client
and ports 5900 - 5999 for the normal client.
to make more connections then 100 the sources must be changed to use
other and more ports.

Cheers,
Claus M|ller

MB-Software
e-mail: m-soft.de
internet: www.m-b-soft.de

-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com]Im Auftrag von Lonnie
Cumberland
Gesendet: Dienstag, 22. Januar 2002 18:26
An: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Cc: Shashi.Sharma "at" brooks.com
Betreff: RE: many connections modifications

Hello Sharma,

Actually I was talking about Xvnc when I run it as a daemon in my
xinetd.

I seem to remember that someone wanted to be able to make somewhere
around 500 - 1000 connections and there was the question of how Xvnc
could handle the ports as the usual setting was to put it on port
5900.

Cheers,
Lonnie

-