xinet.d setup for apache java classes and vnc

Lonnie Cumberland lonnie "at"
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 23:31:37 +0000

Hello All,

How are you doing? Good I hope.

could some one please tell me how you have your xinet.d vnc service
file set up?

I have lost my settings to be able to load up my tight vnc from my
web browser?

I have these settings on my tightvnc 1.2.1 but they are not working:

In my apache web server I have a test.html file:
My desktop
<aPPLET CODE=vncviewer.class ARCHIVE=vncviewer.jar
        WIDTH=1024 HEIGHT=800>
<param name=PORT value=5951>
<param name=PASSWORD value="">

and in my /etc/xinet.d/vnc I have:
service vnc
	flags		= REUSE
	socket_type	= stream
	port		= 5951
	wait		= no
	user		= nobody
	server		= /usr/local/bin/Xvnc

#	server_args     = -inetd -desktop 5951 -broadcast -once -ac -
geometry 1024x768 -depth 16 -rfbwait 120000 -rfbport 5951 -
co /usr/lib/X11/rgb

        server_args     = -inetd -broadcast -once -ac -geometry
1024x768 -depth 16 -httpd /usr/local/vnc/classes -
co /usr/lib/X11/rgb -httpport 5801
	log_on_failure	+= USERID

The top commented out "server_args" works fine if I try to connect
with just my standard vncviewer, but if I comment it out and use the
2nd "server_args" to try and connect from my apache web server then
it does not work even though my classes and files are in the right

any ideas anyone?

 Lonnie Cumberland
 OutStep Technologies Incorporated
 (313) 832-7366