Tight 1.2.2: big slowdown?

David Brodbeck DavidB "at" mail.interclean.com
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 19:50:13 +0000

Have you checked to see if any of the encoding option defaults are
different?  Turning up compression too far can cause overhead that slows
things down, for example.

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Evan Perdicaro [mailto:frank "at" dsea.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2002 12:40 PM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: Tight 1.2.2: big slowdown?

	Just yesterday I "upgraded" from Tight 1.2.1 to 1.2.2 by
   grabbing the binaries (server and dll) and installing them on my
   Windows98 system.  My hope was to eliminate the long-standing
   crashing bug.

	The system seems stable -- no crashes -- but quite a bit
   slower.

	The client has not changed, only the server.  The environment
   of the server has not changed, just the executable and dll.  In my
   mind this minimal change should not have caused such a slowdown.

	The slowdown is in interactive speed, not ultimate redraw
   speed.  Since we are on a slow link, the result is lowered
   productivity.

	Has anybody else experienced this problem with 1.2.2?